7.14.2007

Finally, A TV Show To Spend Time On



I don't watch much TV anymore. There is less than a handful of shows that I watch, and they consist of 'The Office,' 'Man vs. Wild,' and baseball. But, recently, I came across the TV show 'Flight of the Conchords.' It features two New Zealanders who move to New York City to try to make it big with their band. Their band is comprised of Bret on guitar and vocals, and Jermaine on guitar and vocals. It is very funny in a dry, subtle way. The first thing that came to mind when thinking about what I would compare it to was the movie 'The Science of Sleep.' It may be similar, it may not be. That is for you to decide. You can find this show on HBO, so I'm figuring most of you won't be able to see it. However, on iTunes, HBO has a 'Flight of the Conchords' podcast and you can download the first episode for free there. It really is funny, but I think most people won't appreciate its humor. This is a good show to view in the midst of 'The Office' break. Check it out, or not. Its up to you.
----------
Also, I forgot to mention that they break out into songs about twice an episode. And its pretty darn funny.

No comments: