2.13.2008

Leadership?

I'm going to Argentina in May. I'm not going alone though. I'm co-leading a team of eight. I've just stumbled upon one problem:

I have no idea how to lead a group of people overseas.

A friend and I were talking the other day about how we've both been overseas a few different times and we have knowledge about traveling, but how do we translate that to people who have not been out of the country at all? How do we relay our information in an effective way? How do we get those we are leading to support us and our decisions? I don't know.

I'm still trying to figure all that out. The only thing I can keep thinking of is to look in the scriptures at how Jesus led. Thats my only plan as of right now. I guess until I figure it out, I'm going to keep faking it really well.

I hope nobody from my team reads this. Don't be scared. Its okay. I promise?

Maybe this is just an eccentric examination of the heart.

++++++++++++++++++++++


Well I was deliberating whether or not to make a separate post for this, but I decided not to.

THIS IS MY 100TH POST!

5 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

so i'm not the only one?
sweet.
this should be fun!

i mentioned to my aunt how i don't enjoy leading anything for the most part...i'd rather help out in the background. but here i am. so there we shall go. my aunt suggested i read the story of gideon. so i did. and it reminded me of moses. God uses people when the least expect it and those people ususally feel unworthy and confused at what to do...much like you and i feel. but they trust God, listen and people wrote stories about them. i don't want stories written about me but i do want our team to rock the heck out of Argentina for God. i've been spending more time reading about the leaders in the bible as well and it helps.

and, of course, what always helps me feel even better is the five gamillion ways the disciples messed up or didn't "get" it...

we'll be okay.
i think.
:)

carsonbelmont said...

Thanks for the shout out bud. I feel so honored to be mentioned.

RobinDayle said...

I feel the exact same way. :-)

tyler hoehne said...

jeremy your over thinking this. its not going to be as difficult as you think it will be. your team knows your their leader, so the respect and obedience will happen without you having to convince them. but you do have to set the example which isnt hard other than the times we make it hard on ourselves by compromising. but you do what you know you need to do. its as simple as that. but hey we all grow in areas when we lead so embrace it and learn from it. youll do fine. and micha will be there to help you too.

carly said...

bear jer. you are going to great. but i do understand what you mean. i think it will take a lot of self sacrificing. im excited for you!