9.11.2007

A Prayer Answered

Well not that I was praying to sprain my ankle, but it is a prayer answered. Lately I've been thinking about patience. I've been praying for it in multiple areas of my life. I really think that my ankle being injured is one of the first steps to being able to be patient in my life. Its a small step to something bigger. Pun definitely intended.

I first thought of my ankle as a blessing when I realized that it takes forever to get anywhere. It sucks. But as I attempted to make it to places on time, I realized I would need patience to do so. It wasn't gonna work if I just frustrated anytime I was going anywhere. As it slowed my travel time down, it has also slowed my thoughts down. I am able to think more clearly than when I am speed walking to the other side of the campus. I also have to leave places with enough time to get to the next place on time.

This has been an eye opening experience. Its an answered prayer in an unlikely way. Not necessarily a way I would have thought up. So HP, I give you a hard time but its good it happened. Do not be confused, however. I will still give you a hard time.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


May you, this week, view your circumstances as blessings. May you see them as prayers answered. And may you slow down and have patience.

No comments: