10.16.2007

More Reasons To Hate Driving

You may, or may not, know that I dislike driving A LOT. However, I am a huge fan of all other things transportation. Buses. Planes. Trains. Bikes. Vespas. Auto rickshaws. As you can tell from my list, I am a fan of transportation... just not cars. I find it no fun to drive. It is a little better to drive at night, but I would also rather not be driving. Road trips are a little different however. I can't totally hate cars on road trips.

On to revealing why I hate driving more. I wouldn't say I love my truck, but it is enjoyable. Its a good truck. But after it got broken into last January, I got an alarm on it to try to prevent it happening again. When the alarm was installed, I also got an automatic lock installed on my door. It was gonna be awesome because my truck is manual. I mean everything is. I could press the disarm button on the controller and my door unlocked. Awesome, right? Wrong.

Every once in awhile the lock wouldn't fire when I would unlocked it. It wasn't a huge deal because I could normally just unlock it with my key. But it has now evolved into a monster. It very rarely unlocks now and it won't even let me open the door from the inside or unlock it with the key from the outside. I have now resorted to crawling into my truck through the passenger door. It has quickly become very frustrating. Its not that hard to do, but its not that convenient either.

Needless to say, hopefully I will be taking off the automatic lock soon and returning my truck into the machine it was created to be... manual.

3 comments:

carsonbelmont said...

I am sorry for the loss but maybe it is all for the better.

carly said...

remember when we were in your truck and went to pick up taylor and then went to your house and waited for the piano tuner to leave and watch some of mr and mrs smith?

RobinDayle said...

I hate driving too...I rarely do it, unless forced to. I'd much rather be a pleasant passenger and let my mind wander as I stare out the window and listen happily to music.
:-)
It was wonderful to see you tonight Jer-Bear.
"What's that smell? I know that smell..."