11.27.2007

MIddle Eastern Winter: Pre-trip (Day -15)



I admit I haven't updated about the trip since my first update. Sorry.

Tonight we have made huge progress in our plans. Meaning, we actually planned where we are going to be on what days. Also, we booked a hotel in Egypt and a hostel in another country. We are also awaiting the return of our passports with an Egyptian visa in it and we already got our Jordanian visas.

I am really excited about everything. December 13th is coming quick. I have kind of been thinking that I might miss a traditional Christmas holiday, but in light of where I will be, I also don't think I will miss it all that much. I'm quite curious how it will be in a culture that does not celebrate Christmas. I'm actually excited about experiencing that. I am constantly trying to get an idea of what it will be like in a Muslim country/culture. Islam and the Middle East have interested me for a few months now, even before this trip came together. Overall, I'm just excited to be traveling again. Getting on a plane and flying somewhere new. Its a beautiful thing.

++++++++++++++++

Books I've started and have yet to complete:

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Sense and Nonsense About Heaven and Hell by Kenneth Boa and Robert M. Bowman Jr.
The Radical Reformission by Mark Driscoll
God's Passion for His Glory by John Piper
The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order by Samuel P. Huntington
Next Generation Leader by Andy Stanley
The Bible orchestrated by God

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you going to turkey?