12.27.2007

Middle Eastern Winter: Day 15?



Needless to say, my feet are pretty cold. And I have socks on too.

++++++++++++++++


I haven't got out of bed before 10 am yet this week. Its bittersweet. If you think thats bad though, I've deemed Sam, Sleepy McSleepersen. Personally, he is the one I'd worry about. Always sleeping in around 12ish and lying around and such.

There is this video shop right up the street from the apartment. One of the co-owners, Adham, is really cool. He is 24, I think. We go there once a day and just talk to him. We've bought a couple movies from him too. He likes to desrcibe movies he likes as 'magnificent.' That makes the way he talks very sophisticated. He says we are always welcome there and the second time we went there he proposed that we stay in touch once we leave. Obviously, he's a great guy.

My feet are only getting colder, by the way. Dang.

We're going a little north tomorrow to check out some stuff farther up. I think in two days, we'll be going to the Dead Sea. Maybe I'll get in so I can float around a little.

I also believe the Cannons are some of the best users of left-overs. For Christmas, we had turkey. Yesterday for lunch, we had turkey salad. Today for lunch, we had barbeque turkey pizza. All the meals tasted great. We had some chicken and vegetables tonight. After dinner, there was talk of a chicken noodle soup another time. They are masters of left-overs. Or for short, MoLO.

++++++++++++++++

(These were taken on the bus ride from the port in Nuweiba to Cairo. That sucked.)






2 comments:

carly said...

jer bear, this is the second time i am writing this comment because i am using melissas computer and had to sign off her account. what i want to say is: please put more socks on and come home with all your toes and fingers.

gabrielle said...

these pictures are beautiful :)