12.28.2007

Middle Eastern Winter: Day 16?

I'm sitting in the living room. We just had a delicious dinner made from left overs. Like I said, MoLO. Ryan Adams is playing in the room. I don't particulary like what I've heard from him but the song that just played is pleasant. Good news, its warmer right now than last night. My plans for tonight are as follows: watch Dan in Real Life (don't ask how) and drink some coffee. Sam is complaining about Ryan's gas problem. Ryan has awful gas and he has no problem letting you know. Maybe I shouldn't share that over the internet. Too late.

I haven't listened to much music lately but what I have been listening to has been superb. Jose Gonzalez and the Across the Universe soundtrack have been what I've been playing when I put my earphones in. Sweet music.

This morning I broke the 10 am streak. I woke up at 6:45 am instead. That wasn't the greatest but such is life. We went north today to check some ruins and similar stuff out. We had a great breakfast this morning consisting of walnut wheat pancakes and eggs. Yummy. Eggs are great no matter what country you're in. The first stop this morning was this area that overlooked this valley and the Sea of Galilee. It was awesome, but that probably didn't need to be said. I could see Palestine too. The other places were cool too, but I don't really want to talk about it all that much.

Its been interesting learning about the history of this part of the world. Both modern and Biblical. It hasn't really hit me yet how historical this land is. I saw the sea that Jesus walked on today. I walked where Jesus walked today. I'm seen things that are dated in some of the earliest parts of history. I'm 40 miles from Jesus' birthplace. I'm 3 hours from Damascus, the world's oldest populated city. Hm.

+++++++++++++++

(Taken from my hostel in Cairo.)





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eggs are delicious no matter where you are. I've heard that eggs make you gassy- maybe that explains Ryan's issue. The only problem is you cannot have sausage egg mcmuffins made at home which are the most delicious!

Unknown said...

Pork is delicious!

Courtney Hunter said...

jeremy...i like looking at the pictures (mostly the ones where you boys are in them - the candle/half faces is my favorite)...it makes me feel like im a part of your trip and then i realize im not...at all...anyways...looks like you are having a good time..im glad...be safe.